January 9, 2009

Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb

I remember the first time I went to Good Records in Dallas. Over the radio, my brother and I heard that Good Records was selling the brand new Maroon 5 CD for a penny. Naturally, John and I begged our mom to drive us downtown to capitalize on this incredible deal.


When we arrived, the Maroon 5 CDs were all sold out, but the guy working suggested some other albums to purchase. That day, I purchased Shootenanny! by Eels and The Beginning Stages Of... by The Polyphonic Spree.

I instantly fell in love with The Polyphonic Spree, and later on, Tim Delaughter's earlier band, Tripping Daisy. Hundreds of dollars and a dozen shows later, The Polyphonic Spree is still my favorite band to see live.

Here are two songs from Tripping Daisy's Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb, and one from The Polyphonic Spree's The Beginning Stages Of...:




0 comments: